Saturday, July 18, 2009

Yippee Kay Aye

One of the things I said I'd never do with George is put diapers on him and dress him in baby clothes. It's demeaning to the monkey and to be honest, its a bit sad for the people using a monkey as a replacement for a child.

However, one night I was at the local night market and there was a stall selling tiny cowboy hats. I have no idea why they sold them, but I bougtht one for George, just for fun.

Well, I put it on him and he kind of enjoyed wearing it around. Later that day some friends came around and George was wearing his little hat. Everyone was laughing at him and he got quite upset.

He tried to take the hat off and then burst out crying. I kid you not, he cried and hugged me and wouldn't look at anyone anymore.

Monkeys are quite emotional little creatures. It's not until you spend a lot of time with a monkey that you can read his mood, and just like a human, he has the full range of emotions.

He hasn't worn the hat since.

No comments:

Post a Comment